Earn More Money
Take home 80% of the price for each work sold and we'll pay for the shipping
Expand Your Exposure
Show your work to a wider audience of active buyers from around the world
Focus More on Creating
Free yourself from the distraction of pricing and negotiation
Spread the Art Love
Grow confidence in new art buyers to create enthusiasm for supporting and owning original art
ARTtwo50 is an e-commerce platform that unites artists with art buyers using a simplified, logical pricing structure, innovative matchmaking tools, and increased social engagement.
Sell Art in 3 Easy Steps
Join us and the other artists who want to change the art world so you can earn a living doing what you love. Sell Art
How it Works
What kind of art can I sell?
We currently accept original handmade art that is hangable on a wall. In an effort to create a simple and enjoyable experience at the launch of our app, we have focused our definition of original to be a true one-in-the-universe work in which the artwork is made by hand and not created digitally. We currently do not accept photography, giclée or enhanced giclée prints. To help us ensure that the artist's percentage of each sale stays at 80% (or $200) of $250, acceptable art has a maximum weight limit of 15 pounds. We aim to start small and focused with a goal to accept higher diversity of artwork in the future.
What qualifies as hangable art?
As we virtually present your art hanging on the buyer's wall in our iPad app, we want to ensure the art is easy to hang upon arrival. Here are our hangable guidelines:
- If the art has structure (i.e. stretched canvas, stained glass, etc.) please attach a wire or appropriate hardware so it can safely be hung.
- If the art is thin and meant to be framed you do not have to include any hardware or frame.
- If an artist chooses to sell art with a frame, it will be included in the $250 price. Please include the frame in the photo when you upload the artwork.
If artists are interested in selling limited edition prints that are handmade through a fine art process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you accept international art?
At the moment, we are only selling and shipping within the United States, but we plan to expand internationally in the future.
Do I need to sign a contract?
No, you are not required to sign an exclusivity contract, but we do ask that you remove an already uploaded work from the ARTtwo50 marketplace if it has sold through other means.
At what price can I sell my art?
All artists start by selling their work at the $250 level. Soon, artists will be able to unlock additional price points of $500, $750 and $1,000 as they sell pieces through ARTtwo50.
How much of each sale do I receive?
ARTtwo50 artists keep 80% while we use the remaining 20% to cover shipping, handling, and operational expenses. We figure you, the artist, should be the one making a profit.
How do I receive my portion of the payment?
Artists will need access to a checking account to set up the payment process. Payments will be direct deposited into to your checking account within two weeks of the delivery confirmation of the artwork. We have partnered with Balanced Payments for our billing and payment processing.
How do I handle shipping?
When you sell one of your artworks, you will receive a prepaid shipping label via email. You will then have two days to safely package the your art and give it to the United States Postal Service (USPS) for shipping. By partnering with the USPS, you have the option to simply set the package our for pickup or drop it off at your local Post Office.